#sport #news #World #Europe
The pilot “Mercedes” Lewis Hamilton became the winner of the Grand Prix of Spain at circuit the Catalunya in Barcelona.
At the start of the race Hamilton defended the pole, and Bottas behind Vettel. Immediately on the road because of a major accident left the safety car. After the resumption of the race Hamilton for a few laps built up a comfortable lead from Vettel long before the finish of the race has removed all doubts about the winner.
Vettel due to bad pit stops skipped forward not only Bottas, but Verstappen, who for the first time in the season finished on the podium. Not race for the second pilot Ferrari – Raikkonen due to technical problems in Spain didn’t finish.
Lewis Hamilton became the first three-time champion of the Grand Prix of Spain among existing riders. In Barcelona, the Briton scored the 64th career victory and second of the season.Grand Prix of Spain. Race results:
1. Lewis Hamilton (“Mercedes”)
2. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes) +20,593
3. Max Verstappen (Red Bull) +26,873
4. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) +27,584
5. Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) +50,058
6. Kevin Magnussen (“Haas”) +1 lap
7. Carlos Sainz (Renault) +1 lap
8. Fernando Alonso (McLaren) +1 lap
9. Sergio Perez (“Force India”) +2 laps
10. Charles Leclere (“Zauber”) +2 laps
11. Lance Stroll (“Williams”) +2 laps
12. Marcus Ericsson (“Zauber”) +2 laps
13. Brendon Hartley (Toro Rosso) +2 laps
14. Sergey Sirotkin (“Williams”) +3 laps