#sport #news #World #Europe
Completed the ninth stage of the 101st version of the famous Italian race.
The finish of the final stage of the first week of the race was located in the famous mount of the first category, the Gran Sasso d’italia with a length of almost 30 kilometers.
The struggle for the expected stage between the teams of the General classification, because in isolation, not one rider, who managed to maintain power after the hardest stage.
The denouement of the day came within a few hundred meters to go the leader of the General standings Simon Yates final jerk stole victory from under the nose of Thibaut Pinot, Esteban Chavez and Domenico Pozzovivo.
The advantage of Yates in the General classification after winning stage increased to 32 seconds. Last year’s champion Jiro Tom Dumoulin dropped to third place, and star Christopher froome lost more than a minute and fell out of the top 10.
The results of the ninth stage:
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 5:54, 13
2. Thibaut Pinot (France, FDJ)
3. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Mitchelton-Scott)
4. Domenico Pozzovivo (Italy, Bahrain Merida) – 0,04
5. Richard Carapace (Ecuador, Movistar)
Overall standings after nine stages:
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 37:The 37.15
2. Esteban Chaves (Colombia, Mitchelton-Scott) – 0,32
3. Tom Dumolin (Netherlands, Sunweb) Is 0.38
4. Thibaut Pinot (France, FDJ) – 0,45
5. Domenico Pozzovivo (Italy, Bahrain Merida) – 0,57 Tomorrow the Giro-2018 second rest day, and on Tuesday the participants of the race will overcome the 239-km stage with three category nodes.