#sport #news #World #Europe
Titled Slovak Peter Sagan of “BORA–hansgrohe” was the winner of the fifth stage of the Tour de France.
Sagan was the strongest in the sprint for the non-categorical km long hill with a maximum gradient of 10%. The maximum resistance of the Slovak had Sonny Solbrille, however, against a big finish Sagan, the Italian could not do anything.
Today’s victory was for Sagan 10th at the Tour de France. Four more times in his career, he won the Vuelta.
In the General standings defended the yellow Jersey Greg van Avermat, outpacing nearest rival by just two seconds.
The results of the fifth stage:
1. Peter Sagan (Slovakia and BORA–hansgrohe) – 4:48,06
2. Sonny Solbrille (Italy, Bahrain Merida)
3. Philippe Gilbert (Belgium, Quick-Step Floors)
4. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar)
5. Julien Alaphilippe (France, Quick Step Floors)
Overall standings after five stages:
1. Greg van Avermat (Belgium, BMC) – 18:22,00
2. TJ van Garderen (USA, BMC) – 0,02
3. Philippe Gilbert (Belgium, Quick-Step Floors) – 0,03
4. Geraint Thomas (Great Britain, Sky) – 0,05
5. Julian Alaphilippe (France, Quick Step Floors) – 0,06 Tomorrow at the Tour de France first stage with a summit finish. The participants of the race will overcome, 181 kilometers from the finish on the climb of the third category Mur-de-Bretagne with an average gradient of 6.9%.