#sport #news #World #Europe
The next stage of the 73rd version of the Spanish Vuelta.
The breakaway of the day consisting of castroviejo Jonathan, and Benjamin Thomas ceased to exist for 17 kilometers to the finish in front of the entrance to a mountain of first category.
In the middle of the rise of the initiative in their hands decided to take the overall leader Simon Yates, the British, along with Thibaut Pinot and Steven Krasnica formed the leading trio began to gain the advantage over his main rival Alejandro Valverde.
While Yates and Creswick worked on the General classification, Pinot prepared foot under final attack. The idea of the Frenchman worked 100% – racer “Groupama – FDJ” no problem ran away from his companions and took his second victory at the Vuelta-2018.
In the overall standings advantage over Yates Valverde from 25 seconds up to 1 minute, 38 seconds. In third place due to today’s attack rose Creswick, stage winner Pinot played two positions and became the seventh.
The results of the 19-th stage:
1. Thibaut Pinot (France, Groupama-FDJ) – 3:42,05
2. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 0,05
3. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo) And 0.13
4. Rigoberto Uran (Colombia, EF Education First-Drapac) – 0,52
5. Miguel Angel Lopez (Colombia, Astana)
1. Simon Yates (Britain, Mitchelton-Scott) – 76.44,41
2. Alejandro Valverde (Spain, Movistar) – 1,38
3. Stephen Creswick (Netherlands, LottoNL-Jumbo) At 1.58
4. Enric Mas (Spain, Quick-Step Floors) – 2,15
5. Miguel angel Lopez (Colombia, “Astana”) – 2,29 Tomorrow at the Vuelta a climax in the fight for the red Jersey. The participants of the race will pass the three mountains of the first category, the finish point of the stage is on the rise in the highest category of Collada de La Gallina length of 7.2 kilometers with an average gradient of 8%.